Wednesday 6 August 2014

W7 Dupes

Hi Guys

Currently sitting writing this blog whilst listening to the rain bucketing down thinking "I've got to go out in that shortly!" Ergh! Never mind.

Right, so W7 makeup! The more I have really looked at some the items the more I've realised how many dupes for High end makeup they do. I have bought a couple of them to see what there like, and I have to say especially with eye shadows, if you use a good eyelid primer they last really well. And in actual fact have good pigmentation.
The main palette I'm talking about here is what w7 call 'In The Nude' which is a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3. I had been toying with the idea of buying the naked 3, although I wasn't sure the colour range would suit me as it's very pink toned and to be honest I don't really use many pinky colours on my eyes. So I decided this would be brilliant as it was a lot cheaper than the naked 3 and if I didn't like the colours I wasn't wasting £40. So here's what the w7 one looks like.
As you can see it's got the same tin style casing which is similar colour, and then the eyeshadows which again are all very similar. The one big difference is that this one doesn't have a morrow on the lid like other naked palettes do. It cost me £6.99 and for the price I think it's a really good dupe if your not wanting to spend £40 or like me not sure if the colours would suit you.

The next w7 item I picked up recently is the Honolulu bronzing powder which is a dupe for the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. It's packaging is very similar, comes in the box form and with a little brush (which I have to say I'm loving using for contouring). 
Here's what the w7 bronzer looks like.
This cost me just £2.99. I haven't actually tried the Benefit Hoola bronzer, only swatched it, but I have to say this is in my eyes a good bronzer. Especially for contouring because it has no shimmer in it at all. I'm normally one that loves my Sleek contour kit and the colour, powder texture and longevity is exactly the same. I know with some cheaper bronzes I've had before can be very orangey but this one definitely isn't. The little brush you get with it is really soft and the shape is perfect for carving out your cheek bones on going down the side of your nose. 

This bronzer and palette is definitely good for anyone who is maybe starting out in makeup and doesn't want to spend too much money on products whilst practicing or if your like me and just love a bargain product that works!

After trying out these 2 w7 products I will definitely be trying more. I know they do the dupe for the naked 2, and I've seen that they also do dupes for the Benefit Rocketeur and Coralista blushers which I will be trying. (Have a slight obsession with blushers). And why not at these prices!

Bye for now

Laura xox



No comments:

Post a Comment