Tuesday 15 September 2015

Carrot Oil Gel - by Sun Tropic

Hi guys!


Anyone else heard of this? I hadn't until my holiday! However now I'd buy it every time we go away. 


Myself and Paul both LOVE getting a good tan. Before we went on holiday the weather forecast wasn't looking great and we were both a bit like oh no we want a tan lol. Luckily there were wrong and it was mostly a beautiful week. But because of what the forecast had said we had decided not to bother weighing our cases down with extra sun cream and after sun lotions. We said if it turns out nice we will just buy some out there! 

As you may know from reading my holiday blog post the first couple days were a bit of a no go on the tanning front, but from the Friday onwards it was fab. I think because of losing those 2 days worth of tanning we decided to not worry about sun cream and just try and get the best tan we could!
Yes yes yes I know you should always be protected in the sun blah blah but generally were both pretty hardy and don't burn so we said sod it!



It was the Friday Paul spotted the carrot oil gel in our local Spanish supermarket and it was only €3.95 (Approx £2.89) so we thought yea why not! It says clearly in the bottle that is has no protection In it, it purely accelerates tanning. 


The texture seemed to be an oily gel, however as you were rubbing it in, it just melted into your skin leaving no sticky or oiliness. Which I loved as usually with 'oils' your skin stays greasy which drives me mad! The smell was a typical sun cream smell of coconuts. It just said to apply liberally which we done for the week.

One thing we both noticed whilst using it was that our skin felt so soft and moisturised. Literally the best it's felt in ages. Extra brownie point for the product. 


We had laughed when we started using it saying just imagine if by the end of the week were still not tanned as such just orange from the carrots! That would have been funny! But luckily we both came home with a fab tan! Which I have had so many compliments on.


One last thing to mention about this product is that my tan has lasted so well since coming home. I'm normally one for losing my tan almost as soon as I land! Ok bit of an exaggeration but I do lose it quickly. But I still look lovely and sun kissed brown.

Definitely a repurchase for our next holiday for sure!


xox










No comments:

Post a Comment