Saturday 25 March 2017

Younique foundation - Yay or Nay?

Hey hey beauts!

Today I'm bringing you my thoughts on the famous Younique mineral touch liquid foundation!
I've used this several times now and I done my research on it before purchasing, to make sure I can give you a good solid review.

So we've all seen these videos going round on Facebook about how amazing the foundations coverage is. Covering acne, sharpie pen and even tattoos. You know me, I love a full coverage makeup look so this was something I definitely needed to try. However I know I'm late to the party on this one haha! 
A friend of mine started doing younique so I chatted with her about all there different foundations and which one would be suited to my oily/combination skin. And she even colour matched me which is great as I had no clue what shade to choose. The shade she matched me to was velour and first off I have to say, the colour is perfect!
 
Along with this foundation they sell a brush to apply it with, however sophie (who I bought it from), said using my real techniques buffing brush would be fine too. 
On opening the foundation I noticed it's only a 20ml bottle, where as standard size is 30ml. I do think the price of £30 for just 20ml is quite a lot, however I was prepared to give it the benefit of doubt because for all I know it could be a fantastic product. It is a very runny consistancy and must be shook before use. It has a pipette not a pump but applying it was fine.
So... the coverage. I really wasn't impressed! I know, shocking! I was told a little goes a long way so I only used 5 drops (which I've seen used in these 'amazing' videos). But it definitely wasn't enough for me, so I added more. It was definitely buildable which is lucky so I could get it to a decent coverage. BUT... (here it is guys), I didn't feel using the buffing brush was any good. It left streaks in my face. I ended up going over it with my beauty blender which made it sit nice on my skin. 
It's classed as a liquid to powder finish however I still set my skin with powder as it felt it needed it.

Here's a picture of my makeup finished. (No flash/filter, just day light). I'll admit it photographed lovely.
 
Lastly, did it last all day?
For me personally, no. I found by late afternoon it was very worn around my chin and nose area. Not a good look! I really really wanted to love this foundation after all these good reviews I've seen and read. And yes I've definitely used it on many occasions with different techniques etc but it all results the same.

Out of 10 I personally score this a sad 5/10. What works for one doesn't work for all hey!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment